Advice please if you can..

ok went to my dr appointment yesterday to find out if i was having eptopic or if id need a dnc cause my hcg went from the 15th(1174) to the18th(2680) to the 22(4591) so the dr said my baby had did but still couldnt tell me how far along i was. they did a reg u/s declared it was not eptopic and decided to do tran u/s cause all they seen was the sac, and checked everything and my u/s tech said we need someone in here to check this u/s out stat so another woman cam in and they both said honey your baby is very well alive and ur only 5w5d yesterday, and everything is looking good but.......................

she told me i had a very low lying placenta at 5w5d i was wondering what this ment for me and my baby please can someone shed some light on this subject for me......

janillichia

Asked by janillichia at 7:51 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I also had a low lying placenta. They checked it often to see if it would move up luckily it did. If it doesn't move you can have placenta previa. Its a scary situation, but many women have healthy babies. Do your research on it and ask your doctors plenty of questions. Good Luck and Congrats!
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:54 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I agree with babygirl. My cousin had the same situation and delivered a healthy baby girl, a little early because of a scheduled c-section, but still healthy non the less. Like babygirl said, the placenta can move as your uterus grows larger but even if it doesn't and it becomes placenta previa, you are still okay. They will monitor you and likely schedule you a c-section to avoid you going into natural labor. Don't worry about it! Its much more common than you thinnk!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:57 PM on May. 24, 2011

• well i tend to spot here and there but only when i poop it seems like i was wondering if i should call the dr everytime they done thought my baby died once it was agony for three days them telling me it was dead i dont want to go through with it again but i had a placenta aburtion with one of my babys i just wanted to know if it has a chance of surviving the us tech said with it being low it doesnt get the nutrients its needs is there something i can do to help it get the nutrients
    janillichia

Comment by janillichia (original poster) at 8:11 PM on May. 24, 2011

• mine was low also..they told me to stay on bed rest
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 9:35 PM on May. 24, 2011

• DOES IT MATTER THAT IM ONLY 5 WEEKS AND 6 DAYS TODAY AND SPOTT EVERY NOW AND THEN
    janillichia

Comment by janillichia (original poster) at 11:08 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Not usually but with a low lying placenta it could be a tear. If I was you I would find a high risk OB and make an appointment.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:34 AM on May. 25, 2011

• ok thank you
    janillichia

Comment by janillichia (original poster) at 2:55 PM on May. 25, 2011