Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you interfere or not?

The next door tenants are having a very loud argument. Literally. The couple are screaming like crazy. The husband is yelling "shut up" like broken record. I have a toddler to take care and this tenant is making so much noise that I think is wrong for my toddler to be listening . Plus the couple have two small children. I want to knock on their door. Do you interfere or not?


Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Parenting Debate

This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • I call the police and report a domestic disturbance. Every single time. No exceptions.

    Answer by frogdawg at 8:32 PM on May. 24, 2011

  • Call the landlord and complain of the noise and if that doesn't get you anywhere make a loud noise complaint to the police. GL

    Answer by aheuszel at 7:58 PM on May. 24, 2011

  • call the cops

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:03 PM on May. 24, 2011

  • call the police and file a noise complaint. i had it done to me once when i lived in a apartment and that just playing a game on a sunday morning with m little cousin. so def call the cops. they wont mention who the tenant is that complaint so knocking on the door might put you in danger.

    Answer by lambdarose at 8:16 PM on May. 24, 2011

  • I would just call the police. You never know how angry people are going to react to your showing up when they're in the midst of fighting and to comment on it might just cause them to drag you into their mess. Better to keep yourself safe & call the police.

    Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:20 PM on May. 24, 2011

  • Don't get involved, call the police.

    Answer by onethentwins at 8:35 PM on May. 24, 2011

  • I would not personally interefere, no. Only because with people that are angry or violent as these people sound to be, you never know what they will do if you get and your family could be put in danger. I would call the landlord or the police and file a noise complaint. Obviously if you hear sounds that seem to be physcial arguing, call the police immediately.

    Answer by Ash9724 at 7:59 PM on May. 24, 2011

  • I would just call the cops. They probably should take some time away from each other.

    Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:15 PM on May. 24, 2011

  • I agree with frogdawg. Plus, its not a wise idea to go over yourself. you don't know how violent they are.

    Answer by daughteroftruth at 8:35 PM on May. 24, 2011

  • Call the police---you can remain anonymous. You wouldn't want something bad to happen and wonder what if I would have just called...

    Answer by tspillane at 9:24 PM on May. 24, 2011

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN