• In the Spotlight:

on my ninth month and...

Today I have been experiencing the sharpest random pains in my stomach which feels like someone is take a knife to the inside of my belly button and also a shooting pain down my right leg..
Are these normal pregnancy pains?

BayB

Asked by BayB at 3:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• depends on how far along you are.. but yeah, i get them alot
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I think they're pretty normal. I'm 38 weeks and I'm constantly feeling weird pains here and there. Your baby could be pressing on certain nerves that send shooting pain to different parts of your body, your sciatic nerve is a classic one. I get ligament pains if I move too fast in the wrong direction. It's annoying :( But if it gets so bad to where you can't move at all, you should call your doctor.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i USED TO BE WOKEN IN THE NIGHT WITH THE SAME PAINS. I THOUGHT THAT I WAS DYING! LOL. SCIATIC NERVE THAT'S ALL. BUT TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER AND TO REDUCE YOUR STRESS LEVEL CALL YOUR DOC'S (WHICH IS ALREADY ON SPEED DIAL, I'M SURE) AND ASK WHAT THEY THINK. IF YOUR NOT BLEEDING AND YOU HAVEN'T HAD ANY OTHER PROBS I WOULD JUST REST.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2008