When can we try again?

I am currently going through my first miscarriage and am so sad really wanted this baby! I am unsure when it would be ok for my husband and I to start trying again if anyone knows what is best please let me know.

shsutterfield08

Asked by shsutterfield08 at 8:53 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• *hugs* I've been there and it's absolutely heartbreaking. You need to give your heart time to heal as well as your body, but whenever you feel ready you can start trying again. Maybe give a few months. Personally, although the lost pregnancy was an accidental one, I didn't really get over the grief for about 3 years and when I did it was because we had a successful pregnancy and a lovely new baby boy.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:57 PM on May. 24, 2011

• From what I've heard from friends who've gone through the same thing is that you should usually wait six weeks, just like you would if you had actually given birth. After you miscarry you are actually more fertile for whatever reason. Good luck to you and your husband and sorry for your loss!
    Aidensmylove

Answer by Aidensmylove at 9:29 PM on May. 24, 2011

• i had a m/c on 3-1. my dr said to wait one cycle and then try again. i got my first period after my d&c 4-13 and now i am 5 weeks pregnant! good luck :)
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 10:02 PM on May. 24, 2011

• ** hugs**i would wait atleast 6-8 weeks, my aunt had one and thats what the doctor told her. and they did she got pregnant again a month later.. and she had a happy, healthy baby girl..
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 11:11 PM on May. 24, 2011

• If you are having an early miscarriage there is no research supporting waiting. There are some miscarriage sites out there that tell you to wait 3 months but that information is VERY outdated.

I wanted to know the same thing after my miscarriage. I found no legitimate research studies that showed there was any reason to wait at all once you are emotionally ready. I wanted to TTC again right away and we got pregnant before my AF returned.

There are a couple of very small studies that suggest waiting because of the risk of neural tube defect in the next baby but those were done in countries where the medical care is very different from ours and where the use of folic acid in all women of child bearing age is not recommended like it is here.

Basically if it was an early miscarriage you can TTC again when you feel ready.

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:49 PM on May. 24, 2011

• There is no real reason you can't just keep trying.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:30 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I was told after my MC I could try again when ever i felt ready too.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 3:41 PM on May. 25, 2011