PCOS & Pregnancy!!

Hey ladies!

So in the month of april i had 3 periods. my last one was April 8th. I havent had one since. Since then i have gained 5 lbs, starting getting nausea REALLY bad, lower back pain, headaches, and cant sleep. I have taken 3 at home test and all negative. I also went to the doctor last week and had a urine test done and it was negative. I am having all the symptomes of pregnancy like i did with my daughter but the negative test are throwing me off. it has been 6 weeks since my last period.

in 2008 I had a baby girl and since then i have had problems getting pregnant. Im worried now that I am pregnant but dont know for sure... Im going to try and go to the doctor tomorrow and have blood work done but even then i wont know for a week. My back hurts so bad. I dont want to take any medications incase i am pregnant.

With PCOS could it be possible to get Negative test and still be pregnant?

My hormones are so out of wack its not funny...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Chances are you're not pregnant just having crappy PCOS symptoms. I was diagnosed in 2005 and have dealt with that crap since then. Took a long struggle to get my daughter and we've been TTC for 3 years now with no luck. I go a long time without having my period and many times during those nonexistent cycles I am convinced I'm pg because of the symptoms. But really it's my body "gearing" up to menstruate I think...that and probably a cyst because I get those super easy. Best thing to do is get the blood test and then go from there. If it's negative and you want to get pg again then see a doctor that can help you out and give you some answers.
    lizlikeno1

Answer by lizlikeno1 at 8:57 PM on May. 24, 2011

• you should tell your doctor all your concerns and see if they will do a blood test. my aunt took numerous at home pregnancy tests that all said negative, she had i think two urine tests at her doctor that were negative, and i think even one blood test was negative and for some reason it didnt show up until she was already 4 months along... i've never heard anything like that until then.
    julie.f

Answer by julie.f at 9:00 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Thanks,
    I had an ultra sound done and nothing is wrong there. but that was almost a year ago. I havent had any cyst yet... knock on wood. I would like to have another baby because my daughter is getting old enough but for a long time i was convienced that God said it wasnt my time to have another baby.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:04 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I have read that alot julie, where women have this disorder and will get negative test because of the hormone levels. Im nervous because Im going through alot right now and I just started working again after almost 3 years of staying home. But I have been soooooo sick. Everything i experienced with my daughter. With my PCOS the only symptomes i have is irregular periods. And a little weight gain. but I lost the 40 lbs that my doctors wanted me to lose but I guess now im worried that this could be happening to me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:08 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I have PCOS. Ultrasounds can often fail to detect cysts, due to colon gas. They didn't find my cysts, which were 5 times the normal size of my ovary until they went in surgically. So that doesn't mean you don't have cysts. It doesn't really sound like you are pregnant. I've had this for a long time, and had 4 kids. PCOS doesn't make you test negative.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:46 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Yes, its better to go get checked again...
    roxsanne1975

Answer by roxsanne1975 at 11:41 PM on May. 24, 2011