My house is destoyed daily and I cant keep up!

I have two little kids and i just cant seem to keep up with them my husband and I constantly argue because I just cant seem to keep this house clean no matter how much I do around here any word of advice?

shsutterfield08

Asked by shsutterfield08 at 9:25 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• How old are the children? old enough to have small chores or at least clean up after themselves as in put toys away. Maybe do your main cleaning while they are down for a nap?
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:27 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Relax. Let them be kids. Tell Hubby to "get over it!" or clean it himself. Kids = mess. It's how it should be. You should be enjoying your kids, not running in circles trying to sanitize their childhood.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:27 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I taught my daughter how to clean up her own messes. My house is always clean because she helps me out with dusting etc. My daughter knows how to pick up her own room and make her bed.(shes only 3) Good luck
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 9:28 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My son helps out a little bit but hes almost 5 and well my daughter is two and just doesnt get the hang of it and wow is she a little tornado.
    shsutterfield08

Comment by shsutterfield08 (original poster) at 9:29 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Are you a SAHM? If so i clean up the kitechen after every meal...i even sweep the floors and use my swiffer wet if there is gunk on them...I do a load of laundry a day so it stay kept up..it;s the same amount no matter how you wash it all at once on 1 day or a load every day...I have the kids "helo" me pick up the toys and they are only allowed toys in the family room and in their play room..shoes are taken off att he door...I wipe doesn the bathrooms every morning and before bed I make sure everything is picked up and everything is clean...if you keep up through out the day it doesnt get too bad..i want from a house that was out of control when I went to clean it once a day to cleaning through out and it;s much easier...if you work..then same thing works when you are home
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 9:30 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I have two boys and after my son comes from school, him and his little brother run from their room to the dining room about 20 times.
    I can keep my house clean from 830 am to about 3pm and than 830 pm to 7am when they wake up so just know you're not alone. I just gave up in cleaning up every 5 mins and wait till they wear them selfs out . I even made the dining room their playroom so they can destroy that room and the rest of the house is safe. You will drive yourself crazy cleaning up after your kids all the time.
    twilbur17

Answer by twilbur17 at 9:31 PM on May. 24, 2011

• toally forgot to use spell check on that sorry...I'm typing in the dark...lol
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 9:31 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Let them help where they can, do a little bit here and there as you can, let the kids be kids because a good childhood is more important than a sparkling house. If your husband continues to complain, then let him do it and see how far he gets.
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 9:32 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Flylady.com worked WONDERS for me in a very similar situation.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 9:32 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I have 6 kids, although some are older, but my house is normally a disaster and I amke no apologies for it. I have kids. I like them being kids. Mess makes the living room a lot more fun, just ask my 2 year old. I do tidy up a bit before Daddy gets home from work, but I don't stress over messes. I love my little ones playing and enjoying being little.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:32 PM on May. 24, 2011