• In the Spotlight:

I need help, because I don't feel like doing anything at all.

I don't feel like doing anything at all and I feel like I have a boring and lonely life. I also feel like a failure. Especially since all of my family have great careers, but me. I don't feel like going to work, cleaning, or taking care of my son. Which I do go to work and take care of my son, of course. However, I don't feel like doing anything at all. Any suggestions??? Can I possibly be dealing with depression?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Health

• Talk to your doc. Seriously. Get in touch with an LCSW and get help.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:44 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Sounds like you're depressed. You may need help. Try to find a counselor or psychiatrist in your area... or go to your general practitioner. They can diagnose depression, too. Realizing something is wrong is a big step in the right direction... now it's acting on it.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 9:45 PM on May. 24, 2011

• It all starts in the mind. Thoughts not circumstances determine mood. Try being aware of what you are thinking. If it is negative, replace that thought with gratitude. Do not feed the thoughts which are bad, stop and change them. Look up "Two Wolves" , A Cherokee Parable. Life can hurt, but it could always be worse. Fight to find your serenity. Life is too short to be sad. " Regrets are the past crippling the present " Do not past and future trip with negative thinking. The things that are worthwhile are free and you cant buy them.. "Fake it until you feel it". Make sure to get a good laugh every day. Find humor on the internet, TV or whatever. Laughter is crucial for breaking the stronghold of "depression". Hugs !!!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:51 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Just from your post-it looks like you are depressed-go to a doctor and have yourself checked out-it will do wonders once you are seen by a professional
    eelayn

Answer by eelayn at 9:59 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Yes, sounds like depression and there are a lot of meds that can help.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 10:09 AM on May. 25, 2011