What do YOU think is the ideal way to give birth?

Whether youu actually gave birth that way or not doesn't matter.

So do you like homebirth, scheduled C-section, natrual in hospital, natural with an epidural or without? Or any other way.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 9:39 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would prefer being knocked over the head--doing a c-section, waking up 6 weeks later fully healed............
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:02 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Vaginal with midwife would be my ideal. It didn't happen that way, but we tried! It ended up emergency c-section with OB.

By the way, ObbyDobbie, I consider it my medically necessary c-section a "birth" rather than the "extraction of a fetus," as it resulted in a living, breathing baby.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:48 PM on May. 24, 2011

• natural with an epidural?? he he.

I think natural in a hospital with a midwife- I was lucky enough to have this with dd.

With ds I tried this, but ended up with him being sucked out with a vacuum after 4 1/2 hours of pushing= not ideal.
    Anonymous

• Ideal birth to me is having a healthy baby any way that need be. I had two natural deliveries and two c sections.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:43 PM on May. 24, 2011

• ...with the least amount of pain possible!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:43 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I have done in a few different ways and my third birth was ideal. Nice and slow. Water broke at home. Had some contractions, labored for a bit got an epidural and had my beautiful baby. It was perfect.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:40 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Ideal I guess would be homebirth not that I would actually ever do it that way. I did both of mine natural in hospital with no epidural and that's the ideal way for me.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 9:41 PM on May. 24, 2011

• You mean "Vaginal"? NCB, by definition is unmedicated.

It blows me away that we've moved so far into medical birth (read surgical extraction. C-sections are abdominal surgery resulting in the extraction of a fetus, not birth) that women do not distinguish the difference. OR why medical birth is so flipping dangerous... mind blowing.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:42 PM on May. 24, 2011

• C-Section
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:42 PM on May. 24, 2011

• well it;s a tie for me....schedule c-sec for the schudeuling part of it great when you have other kids that need to be watched ...and nat. w / epi because less recovery and why deal with the pain when you dont have to...and i did do both.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 9:42 PM on May. 24, 2011