I have 2 somewhat strange questions LOL

1)why do people say your not supposed to have caffeine while pregnant? i think i know why but im just curious

2)and why do people say your not supposed to raise your arms above your head lol? that's honestly one of the most comfortable positions i fall asleep in lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 1- excess levels of caffeine can be harmful, pregnant or not. This given, why try having a little bit of something that can be bad?

2- people are morons.
    MomNtheRes

Answer by MomNtheRes at 10:01 PM on May. 24, 2011

• i was only curious about the first one cuz when my mom was pregnant with me she had Dr.pepper everyday....and i have it every weekend all weekend....then i just drink orange fanta during the week
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:02 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I agree: caffiene raises your metabolism and blood pressure and that can be harmful. Also on the second question, yes, people are morons.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:03 PM on May. 24, 2011

• 1) your supposed to limit caffeine, 1 to 2 cups a day, too much isnt good for us even without being pregnant, let alone with a baby growing inside you, its a stimulant and raises the heartbeat, too much can cause things like low birth weight in your baby, they also think high levels of caffeine can also be linked to miscarriage

2) i have never heard of this one, new to me!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:06 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Caffeine isn't really good for the baby's development, but the other is just an old wives tale. People used to say that If you raise your arms above your head while pregnant, your baby may get the umbilical cord wrapped around its neck.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:07 PM on May. 24, 2011

• The answer to number two is an old wives tale that the cord would become wrapped around the baby if you raised your arms.
    My mom hung curtains while carrying me, I'm ok......mostly (lol)
    I won't tell you what I drank during my first and second pregnancy's, and they were ok too! But we know more things now so to me... moderation!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 10:09 PM on May. 24, 2011

• oh i didnt know about the low birth weight part....but iv been drinking 3 big glasses of dr.pepper every weekend since iv been pregnant and he's almost 4 pounds already and im only 29 weeks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:10 PM on May. 24, 2011

• The second one is an old wife's tale supposedly if you raise your arms above your head while pregnant the baby can be strangled by the umbilical cord.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 10:15 PM on May. 24, 2011

• As to qu 1, it's because the caffeine can affect the fetus.
    sundae512

Answer by sundae512 at 11:07 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Caffeine is harmful to the fetus.

Arms = myth !
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:08 PM on May. 24, 2011