Teething?

When did your babies start teething? Mine is just 3 months and I am almost certain the poor thing is teething already. Is that normal???

shauna9909

Asked by shauna9909 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah,my lil one has been on and off for a few months now,i got some sponges cleaned em cut em in half and freeze em and give it to my baby and she loves it,plus it catches the drool,lol
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 4:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Sounds about right. Poor kiddo. What really helps my son are those Hyland's Teething Tabs. They are all natural, homeopathic tablets that just melt as soon as you put them in your child's mouth. I stayed away from Baby Orajel though, because not only does it taste disgusting, it actually makes the gums tougher which then makes it harder for the tooth to pop through. Good luck with your little one. :)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 4:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• It's normal, though you should try to make sure that it's teething before giving Baby anything for it. My guy is the same age and has been drooling and gnawing on his hands for a month, but he doesn't seem to be in pain, so I'm not medicating...yet.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• So how do I verify it, take her to the dr? I can feel the bumps and she is SO fussy which is NOT normal for her. She bites on a teething ring and just cries like it hurts?
    shauna9909

Answer by shauna9909 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Could be. My oldest son was teething at 2.5 weeks, yes, 2.5 weeks and had FOUR teeth at 8 weeks. So, teething is definitely a possibility.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 3:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2008