What can I do about my daughter not wanting to wear underwear

My 3 year old recently began complaining that her underwear are in her butt all the time. During the middle of the night she gets up and takes them off. When I clean the house I often find her underwear behind the couch. I have bought her a 3t and 4t. She wears a 3t in her pants. I don't know how to make her wear her underwear.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you tried going out with her and have her pick out her own underwear...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My daughter is slim and has no butt to hold her underwear in place, so she get wedgies all the time. She wears some 4T underwear with sweatpants or stretch pants, but she still wears 2T underwear with jeans or tighter pants. The smaller underwear stays put better. She weighs 35 lb and wears a 3T/4T in pants.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i dont send my dd to bed with undies on - she wears pj shirt and pants to bed so NBD, but the problem durring the day i cant help you with that one sorry...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• perhaps her underwear is too small? or maybe she is putting them on backwards sometimes?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My daughter has always worn a size bigger than she wears in pants and skirts. She is in a 4T in pants and I buy her 4T/5T and even 6's will fit her.
    Anonymous

• I have a sister that didn`t wear panties when she was little and she is 13 now and still doesn`t. So the way I did my daughter is, if I found asleep with none on wake her up to put them on and go back to bed. And if she`s caught not wearing any during the day, she puts them on and sits in her room for time out for 5 min. And haven`t had a problem since.
    jackiesbaby21

Answer by jackiesbaby21 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I have never put my kids to bed with underwear, just their jammies. Maybe try a different size?
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 3:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2008