Central AC

I need a good one to buy,what kind do you have? Oh how long have you had it and have you had any problems with it.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 10:25 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I thought about trying a company name Trane.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 10:27 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I will be checking back we need to get a good one too. (I bumped ya)
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 10:28 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Thanks
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 10:30 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Ours is a Carrier brand. We've had it almost 5 years with no problem. My husband worked for the company that installed it and they keep telling us that the filter is the life of your unit. Buy the cheapest filters you can find and make certain to change it once a month. Don't waste your money on those expensive allergen filters. They still need to be changed once a month. If I can help you more, feel free to let me know.
    dkvhensley

Answer by dkvhensley at 10:32 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My husband says Trane and Carrier are both good. Stay away from Goodman my stepdad (was in heating/a/c for years) says they are junk.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 10:33 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Stick with well-known brands, ones that you hear of often, not the no-name, no-rep companies. Trane & Carrier are both good. I'm not sure what ours is - we haven't had to touch it (other than the filters) since moving into this house 9 years ago.
    Anonymous

• Thanks I hope we have a Carrier.....
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 10:42 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I never even knew there were differnt brands! GL finding the one that will suit you guys best.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:59 AM on May. 25, 2011

• We have Carrier and they have been reliable units for over 12 years. We've been in the house for 12 years and they were a couple of years old when we moved in.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:13 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I think we have a Lenox, and we've had a lot of trouble. Next time we're getting a Trane.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:16 AM on May. 25, 2011