Photography cameras

I need a hobby and I happen to love photographing my 16 month old. I thought jumping into photography would be a great hobby since i have a baby and a lot of family and friends have young ones. My problem is i know absolutely nothing about cameras. right now i have a pretty expensive canon, but its not photography grade (no lens or anything). Can someone recommend a good camera for an amateur photographer?? Thanks!

kechandy

Asked by kechandy at 10:26 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have a Kodak Z981 and a Kodak P850... and I love them!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:29 PM on May. 24, 2011

• If you want something you can grow with and can swing the tag, go for a Rebel Digital SLR. It's a serious camera that is seriously user-friendly, but as you grow you can get lenses, use more obscure settings, and generally control your camera. Until you get to that point, you will get consistently amazing photos from your camera.

I have some Kodaks, and I do think they are good cameras, but making the jump up to a DSLR is worth the price.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:32 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Agree with kateDinva... But make sure, that until you are comfortable nd quick enough with the manual zoom, you have the digital option...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:52 PM on May. 24, 2011

• A Nikon DSLR. They are amazing!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:54 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I have a Canon Rebel XTi, from 5 years ago. It still works just fine. As for a point-and-shoot, I have a Canon G12 and that's pretty nice. DSLRs are pretty bulky and pricey, but the G12 is handy.
    itsmommalori

Answer by itsmommalori at 11:09 PM on May. 24, 2011