Maternity clothing

does anyone have any good ideas on how to make my normal clothes work at maternity clothes? i mean, for example, how to make my shorts work while im pregnant. i dont really like the maternity shorts i have found, most have the front that goes up over the stomach and i really dont like the downward pressure it put on my stomach. And i have a pair of shorts that fit except zip all the way and button. any ideas would be great thanks!

MrsTomblin12

Asked by MrsTomblin12 at 10:38 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• They have bands that go over the top of your pants when they won't zip.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:39 PM on May. 24, 2011

• You can use an elastic band to connect the button and the button whole, just wear a long shirt over it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:41 PM on May. 24, 2011

• You are going to get a lot bigger than you are now. The idea that regular clothes can be maternity clothes does not make sense. Check out second hand stores and garage sales for a wide variety of in expensive clothes. I never really liked shorts, but I did have done maternity capris that I lived in the summer I was pregnant.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:42 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I used a Bella Band and wore my jeans until I was 8 months pregnant. Maternity jeans/shorts are more comfortable so I do recommend hitting up the thrift shops to see what you can find. The are always in good condition because most people only wear them for a couple months and then pass them on.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:46 PM on May. 24, 2011