Hep b Vaccine

Have you heard about the shortage? Children over 12 months aren't getting one. Won't she have to start from the beginning again if she misses one? When will they catch up and have more vaccines?

jessicer421

Asked by jessicer421 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Might just be in your area? My grandson just got his last week.

Answer by gemgem at 3:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• How old is he?
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I haven't heard about a shortage, my son has had all of his right on schedule, no problem. Talk to your doctor about whether or not you'll have to interrupt your baby's vaccination schedule because of the shortage, otherwise don't worry.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Katie, I will have to interrupt it. There isn't enough vaccines for children above12 months. They have to save them for the little babies. How old is your son and what state are you in?
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I haven't heard of the shortage but probaly those who have started the vaccine will finish... they probably won't start any new ones with the shortage
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• It's the Hib vaccine that has the shortage, and no, she won't have to start over again to once they're back in supply. Your doctor is supposed to notate where she left off in the schedule and give the booster once the vaccine is back in stock. They're currently due to be back in full supply by next summer. If your child is at high risk of contracting the disease, then she will get the booster on schedule.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2008