Husband gets mad at my snoring...

For the last several months I have been snoring ( not sure why but I think it has to do with sinus problems I have been constanly having) ...

he will wake me up, yell, kick, push, and gets mad at me snoring ( and when he does this I am asleep so it wakes me up and I have no idea what is going on) ... and of course it makes me feel horrible....

He talks in his sleep, messes with the covers all night, kicks in his sleep ( like he is running) , and he sleeps angled ( his feet at one corner, his head at another and then his butt pointed clear over on my side) , and sometimes he snores too... BUT I DEAL WITH IT...

Our two small kids also sleep in our bed ( i actually have to hold them all the way through the night) ....

and basically with not being able to lay how I want and him waking me up, I do not get alot of sleep....

He can still sleep with my snoring he jut says it annoys him and he wakes me up so I will stop.

I have told him that he can sleep in the twin bed in the other room ( since I have to hold the kids, I think I / we should get the big bed) ...

I know this is silly to complain about but he is driving me crazy and it also bugs me because I actually have a hard time falling asleep without being able to hear all of the sounds he makes as he sleeps... I just wish he could be more considerate , especailly since I have tried several things to stop snoring....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I would sleep in a separate bed. Can you video tape him sleeping at night and what he does? You do need to get the kids into their own beds,I'm just looking out for your best interest.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:50 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My x told me he loved me but he couldn't stand my snoring and left me! Turned out I had sleep apnea. I use a machine now to help and don't snore anymore

Answer by admckenzie at 12:03 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Right now I dont feel comfortable having our 1 and 2 year old in their own rooms ( our room is downstairs and theirs is upstairs) ...

But he knows he does all these things in his sleep he thinks they are funny.... but he thinks it is soo bad that I snore...he consantly complains, and even tells people about me doing it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:05 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Your kids need to be in their own beds... even if they are still in your room!!
    Then wake his ass up when he's snoring - what goes around comes around!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:10 AM on May. 25, 2011

• You need to really sit down with him and have a serious talk and let him know how his immature actions are making you feel and give him a choice either he sleep with you and deal with the snoring or sleep on the couch, that has to be annoying to keep getting woke up over something so stupid lay down the law good luck gurrl
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 12:57 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I snore like a damn freak! My SO has filmed me on his cellphone and it's so loud it's totally embarassing! I am appalled at how loud I am but my SO said it doesn't bother him-that actually he finds it relaxing to know that I am asleep next to him, alive and breathing. And the dumbass doens't snore himself at all. It's really quite disturbing. I have sinus problems too.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:59 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Wow! Ur husband is being immature. If he takes up half the bed, kicks the covers, etc..that means you or ur children probably arent getting the rest you all need. I would suggest moving ur kids in2 their own beds even if you want them in ur room that is fine. If ur SO cant get over the fact that u snore tell him 2 sleep in another room or get over it! My BF says I snore and if it bothers him 2 badly he goes in2 the spare room..neither of us mind..bc when he snores I can go 2 the spare room..which does happen. Also the part about him sleeping in the bed slanted.. my BF does that and it ANNOYS me worse than his snoring! But I have learned a trick if i let my BF get 2 sleep b4 i do he says it doesnt bother him..GL! Hope u work out a sleeping arrangement that suits everyone!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 1:25 AM on May. 25, 2011

• It's wierd to me that you are sleeping with 2 children? That being said... I think you should sleep in the spare bedroom and leave the kids with him. Maybe than he will appreciate having you there! It sounds to me that this is a little problem, and not the big problem that this is a result of. I'm the kicker and he's the snorer in my relationship. We don't argue or wake each other up about it. We laugh over it.
    Maybe if you put the kids in thier own beds you can work on the intimacy issues that are really harming this relationship?
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:40 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Your snoring is that bad where he's physically putting his hands and feet on you? Ummm, and I'm sure this wakes the kids up, because they're in the bed too, right? Sounds like a deeper issue but anywho.....don't put up with that any longer. No one deserves to be treated like that for snoring or for anything else. If he has such and issue with you snoring, then maybe he needs to sleep somewhere else because I'm quite sure the bed isn't that big for the four of you, especially since he's the one all over the bed and your the one protecting the kids from his bad sleeping behavior...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:12 PM on May. 25, 2011