STAY HOME MOM

I have 0 imagination... what are some activities i can do with my 4 year old giirl?

maryannchavez86

Asked by maryannchavez86 at 12:19 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm like you. I have NO CLUE what kind of stuff to do with kids. When I was a kid we just went out and played and I usually just drew pictures... So now I have to resort to craft books and YouTube. DO a search for "Kids Crafts" and you'll come up with TONS of them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:22 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Zoo, museums, tea parties, lying on the lawn watching the clouds change shape, coloring books, walks, play at the park, visit a state or national park, run in the sprinklers…
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:22 AM on May. 25, 2011

• My kids entertain themselves. It's not my job to come up with stuff for them to do. They have their own little brains for that. They have toys and games and I'm perfectly fine with them watching TV. My youngest dd just turned 5 and she likes to color and draw when she's not playing with her Barbies. Usually that is done in conjunction with watching TV. A lot of the time she'll turn the TV off and go play in her room. She also like to play with her little brother (he's 10 months).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:24 PM on May. 25, 2011

• ya but wen u only have one daughter and u all day tv gets boring for her:( and she always wants to play with the kid nxt door n that kid just isnt intrested....it kills me!
    maryannchavez86

Comment by maryannchavez86 (original poster) at 12:38 PM on May. 25, 2011

• treasure hunts...nature walks...sidewalk chalk (draw a "road" for her bike, hopscotch) have her help you clean (even if it doesnt really help you out, they love to be able to help)
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 2:36 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Take her to the park, museums, beach, bike riding, to the library, to the mall (indoor playland), etc

In the home do art activities, play doh, drawing, computer games, board games, etc.

Sign her up for some PD classes (if you have a park district). My 4 yo just graduated from a pre school program, which was GREAT FOR HER. It got her out of the house 3 afternoons a week, to interact with her peers, learn, and create.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:03 PM on May. 25, 2011

• yey i did my first activity with her today !!! we bilt a house out of popsickle stickes... but i had no clue what i was doing...lol it was fun tho...now her and the friends r watchin rio:)
    maryannchavez86

Comment by maryannchavez86 (original poster) at 3:04 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Parks??
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 11:27 PM on May. 25, 2011

• we go to the park alot. but since its summer time & pools are opening up you can go to the pool or the beach if you live close.
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 10:30 AM on May. 26, 2011