Need help and suggestions on natural childbirth

i went to the epidural class and have decided i don't want to get one at all possible any help or advice you can give me?

mamawilbur

Asked by mamawilbur at 12:20 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Check out my answers to the last question in pregnancy. Same question. You can do it!!!!!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:22 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Doula's are supposed to be really good.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:25 AM on May. 25, 2011

• check out Lamaze classes and maybe having a Doula . and best wishes to you on your upcoming birth.
    shanesmom24

Answer by shanesmom24 at 12:25 AM on May. 25, 2011

• With my last labor DH and my friend who was training to be a midwife kept me standing and laughing. I went from 4cm to baby in 2 hours.

I've heard great things about doulas, but didn't know about them for my kids.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:33 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I went so fast I wasn't able to get ANY MEDS, and I totally loved having my last 2 ALL NATURAL. I was so over joyed to be able to be so awake and alert after having my girls, bec I was so young w/my 1st the DR. had me so drugged up I didn't remember a thing except I had a boy. I was even surprised I actually didn't laid one F word even without the MEDS. :)
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:35 AM on May. 25, 2011

• There are many things you can do.
    You'll want to be well supported (care providers, birth team, birth setting) and you'll want to be confident (plan and prepare through reading, classes, videos, doula).

You can sooo many choices, so many options, they will not all be offered or explained and that is problematic.
    If you want help-ideas-support in labor to cope through then you're team/setting needs to be ready for this!
    How will you choose the right team?
    What will you do to prepare?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:03 AM on May. 25, 2011

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:05 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I think the key is to not get stressed about whether you should have one or not. For me I didn't want one and with my first I ended up getting one because nothing was helping with the pain. With my 2nd child I didn't get one and I felt great afterwards, so with my 3rd child I didn't want one. I remember after 6 hours of labor I was in so much pain and crying saying, I can't do this I need the epidural. So the nurse was going to call and she said "Why don't you get up, try to go to the bathroom and I will call the anesthesiologist for you." Once I stood up I realized that the baby was right there and I ended up not getting one and feeling great.

Stay positive, find something to focus on and stay strong. You can do this and make sure your doctor and the hospital know this is what you are thinking so they don't keep asking about it.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:49 AM on May. 25, 2011

• thank you all for the info
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 7:42 PM on May. 25, 2011