I have bad acne. Need help please.

I've had acne for a while and I don't know how to get rid of it. Too be honest it's making me feel ugly. Please help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i bought something off of the tv called proactive and started using it just months ago...it has worked wonders for me and i have battled acne since i was about twelve years old...and it's not really that expensive either...hope you can try it and get the same good results i did.
    prissykrissy135

Answer by prissykrissy135 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Proactive works well. Also, since it's summertime you're going to sweat more, so lay off the makeup (ESPECIALLY foundation). Make sure you're eating healthy, taking your vitamins & washing your face with cool water at least twice a day.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• when i became pregnant this time with my second i had the worst breakout ever, proactive didnt work for me,normally it does, someone told me to try cetaphil and it works great.
    kecha

Answer by kecha at 3:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I recommend Mary Kay's Acne Treatment Gel.  Here is where to get it http://www.marykay.com/mrscassandralane
    MzBusinessWoman

Answer by MzBusinessWoman at 5:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I used proactive and i didnt really see any results it only works for some poeple so i used tri clear its amazing go to triclear.com and try the free trial
    iluvmyboy101

Answer by iluvmyboy101 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Wash twice a day, Not more because it will strip your face of the oils it does need.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I've heard Proactive works great for a lot of people. I would try that. If it doesn't work, try others till you find what works for you. Big tip: keep from touching your face. The oils on your fingers only make it worse.
    myfirstbaby903

Answer by myfirstbaby903 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I would recommend going to the dermatologist to find out the best treatment option for you. Sometimes acne will not go away with over the counter products. When I was a teenager, I had cystic acne - it was so terrible! Thankfully, my Mom took me to the dermatologist and it made all the difference in the world - if I didn't have prescription products, I would have had deep scarring.

In the meantime, make sure you are using oil-free cleansers and moisturizers. They need to be non-comedogenic (won't clog pores and cause more breakouts).
    jamaicanmehappy

Answer by jamaicanmehappy at 12:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I Try Proactive Before And I Like It, The Only Thing With Proactive Is That It Makes You Brake Out Before Actually Clearing You Up And If Not Use Daily You'll Brake Out Again... Now I'm Using Clinique 3 System Step And I LOVE It, My Face Is Much Cleaner And Clearer, I Been Acne Free Since..
    S3Xy_M4M4

Answer by S3Xy_M4M4 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Try Mary kay velocity and Acne Treatment Gel. They are an awesome combination and not very expensive. I can help you by sending you free samples if you woul dlike. Just PM me to chat or to let me know you want samples.
    mkmommyoftwo

Answer by mkmommyoftwo at 3:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2008