Rhogam shot=negative blood types?

i have A positive blood but im RH negative and had to get the rhogam shot (rho D) yesterday.....and everyone iv talked to that got the shot all have a negative blood type.....am i really that weird LOL cuz this is kinda freaky to me

Lizzypuppylove

Asked by Lizzypuppylove at 12:43 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm RH negative too....
    But, I have O neg blood
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 12:47 AM on May. 25, 2011

• thats what iv been seeing all the ladies iv talked to are o-

yet im A+ and i had to get the shot.....its kinda confusing a pretty freaky
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 12:49 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I have only heard that woman who have rh - blood have to get the shot and only if their partner is rh+ and the shot after the baby is born if they are rh + I would ask your doctor something sounds wrong.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 12:56 AM on May. 25, 2011

• they dont even know my boyfriends blood type either O.o i already got the shot so its to late to freak out now
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 12:59 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I'm A+ blood type and have never heard of this shot
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 2:18 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I would definitely question the shot. It should not harm anything but you would only need it if you are negative. Are you sure of your blood type? The shot is in essence giving your body positive antibodies which you would already have if you are a positive bloodt ype and if you are positive it would not matter what your partners blood type was.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:58 AM on May. 25, 2011

• well you would think my dad is sure of my blood type lol XD but i tried to look for it on my medical records and they dont have it for some reason.....i heard my blood type can change for some odd reason so ill ask my doctor when i go back in in a couple weeks
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 12:14 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Is this your second child? Rhogam shots can be necessary with a second child if blood from a rhogam negative first baby got mixed in your bloodstream.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:16 PM on May. 25, 2011

• no this is my first...my dad would kick my ass if it were my second since i had to move back in with him lol
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 12:18 PM on May. 25, 2011

• i should say i wouldnt be using a computer if this was my second baby LOL i have no idea where id be if my dad let me move back in with him last year >.
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 12:22 PM on May. 25, 2011