Photographers...

How much do you charge?

What do your clients receive?

Where do you hold your shoots?

Do you provide prints?

Where do you buy your products and props?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• If you go to ifreelance.com, you may be able to find a photographer in your area who can tell you some about the profession. I am not a photographer, but the woman who does the photography for my son's preschool started out in our area as an amateur photographer. She took all photos of the kids outdoors, and I don't remember exactly how much it cost, but the pictures were better than LifeTouch, it was worht it! And she did provide prints. So, to get started you might try taking some pictures of your friend's kids, and shopping them around to a small day care to see if the parents would be interested. All you would need is a camera and some business cards, really. Also, if you look on Amazon, I am sure that there is a book that would tell you everything you want to know about becoming a photographer.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:58 PM on May. 25, 2011