Is it possible to be a note taker for the Deaf in more than one college? My college tells me they have to basically force their note takers to take off for the summer. I am taking summer courses but I still would like to take some notes for them.

chrissy8712

Asked by chrissy8712 at 1:58 AM on May. 25, 2011 in

• bump
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:29 PM on May. 26, 2011

• well i did it for two people so far...
    with the first person the school was involved and they had to sign off on a bunch of stuff and i had to go in the educational assistance center every so often,
    but with the second person the school wasn't involved at all and even though it could have been, i decided i didn't want to get myself that involved again. So, since she had no one else, we sort of made a deal that i would do it on the side without the school involved because it was all i could handle.
    im sure if you negotiate with the person they may also let you take notes for them in the summer. if you want to get paid for it on the other hand, that's a whole different story. At my school though we can petition any new changes that we think would benefit the school. so if you care that much you can go ahead and change their rules and regulations!
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 9:11 PM on May. 26, 2011

• because that does not seem right to tell deaf people they can't take summer school due to lack of note takers. that is SOO illegal if that's what they are really saying. i would report that person whoever said that. it goes against the IDEA and so many other acts
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 9:13 PM on May. 26, 2011