Can a hot dog cooked on the grill really be bad for my baby?

OMG im gluten free and going to a bque. I can eat the hamburgers but Im craving carolina hot dogs, no bun. They are made in my state. They are red beef, and oh so good. If its grilled will it hurt me? I ate bologna grilled right before I found out I was 5 weeks. My baby seems fine. Now im freeking out over subway meat. i know if its cooked it might be ok, but i mean if its a problem i can do without. I have done without pizza for two years :( Any advice?

Shellydavid28

Asked by Shellydavid28 at 2:14 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• any processed meats such as deli meats and hot dogs are a no no....they have parasites in them...even grilling can release carcinogens (they're not good for anyone) better safe than sorry, I wouldn't eat it, but that's just me...I also didn't color my hair when I was pregnant. :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:16 AM on May. 25, 2011

• WOW I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THIS I'VE HAD TWO GIRLS And IM 4 MONTHS PREGNANT NOW I WILL HAVE TO LOOK INTO THIS.
    HOTMAMAJESS

Answer by HOTMAMAJESS at 2:23 AM on May. 25, 2011

• RELAX! Lots of people over-react about what they can and cannot do during pregnancy. Use your head, but don't change your life just because you're pregnant!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:27 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Not only bad for your baby but bad for you as well. They're full of nitrites and nitrates. You can find ones that are nitrite/nitrate-free but I would not make a habit of eating them on a regular basis, maybe just once in awhile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on May. 25, 2011

• please....don't listen to the freaks. when i was pregnant i ate one ballpark frank right out of the package, w/o cooking it, pretty much every single day. i ate cold deli meats and sushi too
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 7:53 AM on May. 25, 2011