How do i raise 2 kids when i have never had a job before????

So my husband has been talking a lot about us possibly getting a divorce. Now he has taken me off his Facebook page which I take to be a clear sign he wants to leave even though he hasn't told me that. He is out of town and I think he is waiting until he gets back Thur. night. I am terrified. How am I going to raise 2 kids. I have never had any kind of job and no college. I am from a small town and the job opportunities are small if any. And how am I going to get to spend time with my precious babies. I need some prayers desperately. My heart is breaking and I dont know where to turn!

Ronnies_Girl

Asked by Ronnies_Girl at 3:21 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• You need to look into technical schools or college. Just get started, the first steps are the scariest but once you begin you might find you enjoy the new experience and people. Good Luck.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:34 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Relax, take things 1 step at a time, you will be just fine, he will pay you child support and as the previous poster said look into community college etc, you will have to balance your children with work like most other families do. I am sorry you are going through this.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:43 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Call a couple of lawyers and ask if they give a complimentary first time consultation and make sure you understand your rights if this happens. Go to websites like care.com, sittercity.com, indeed.com and look for jobs. There are 4-5 jobcategories at these first two sites. GL hug
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 6:51 AM on May. 25, 2011

• First off, you can do this! Not only does he have to pay child support, but in most states he has to pay spousal support as well. That is usually temporary. Check into a technical trade school, many of them are just a couple times a week and you can work in the trade as an apprentice. I recommend radiology as a career choice. The median salary is 60 grand a year up to 120! You can take four years of night school and apprentice during the day... You can keep the kids and the house. Invite a relative or close friend to live with you. You can either have them help watch the kids or pay minimal rent to cover daycare/a babysitter. Just stay positive. This change could be just what you and your family needs. Good luck dear and remember we are all behind you 100%!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 10:27 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I will be praying for you. As everyone say you can do this, stay positive pray and trust God to see you through, if this is any encouragement I did it with 4 kids. You can also get legal aid if available in your area. Hope you have been putting away a few dollars from your household budget to tie you over.
    Fabe21

Answer by Fabe21 at 10:47 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Do not be afraid. This may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Do as the previous poster said, and check into talking with an attorney to see what your options are. And secondly and most importantly, you can file for child support but do not depend on this solely to be the only source of income for your household because that money can stop at any time. Go back to school and get a certificate to help support you and your children but in the meantime find yourself a part-time job to begin planning for your future...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:17 PM on May. 25, 2011