My last period was April 12th, 2011..I took a HPT on about May 16th, 2011 and it was negative! I havent taken another 1 since! Is it possible that I took the test to soon! Someone please help me!

I have regular periods and my period is never late. I dont have an appointment with the GYN until July...that was the earliest they can get me in! Someone please help me!

Meka129

Asked by Meka129 at 3:27 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• well, you could be like my sister, Pee tests dont work for her. her harmoan levels are low in her urine, But she also could tell by a blood test.. She wound out only being 100% sure with a ultra sound....So be careful just in case. if you think you are/might be, eat like you are, and take care of your self. Take prenatals and such ( Taking a prenatal while not pregnant wont hurt you) And just be safe untill you can find out by your ob
    Tsukiyume

Answer by Tsukiyume at 4:05 AM on May. 25, 2011

• As above, go see your gp, blood test is more effective
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 5:22 AM on May. 25, 2011

• you can always go to planned parenthood to have a pregnancy test done. That's what I did, because I wasn't able to get into a doctor right away. My first home pregnancy test didn't come out positive either... I waited a week or so then it came out positive.
    _Amanda_2011

Answer by _Amanda_2011 at 7:17 AM on May. 25, 2011

• thanks everyone for yall advice...it is truly appreciated! i still havent taken another test... i am kind of scared to becuz i dont want to be disappointed! but my period is now 2 weeks late and i am never late! i live in michigan and i dont know where any planned parenthood facilities are, but i am going to look into it! once again thank yall so much!
    Meka129

Comment by Meka129 (original poster) at 8:25 AM on May. 25, 2011