Mommy groups in Pittsburgh

I joined meet up.com and looked for mommy groups to join, since I'm turning only 22 in June, a lot of them just weren't my "thing" yet. My friends don't have kids, or the few that do I lost contact with them years ago for some good reasons or we just grew apart. I'm just at a point right now that I would like to be able to meet some other moms and not be the only one that has to leave because the baby needs to go to bed or say," sorry I'm late, the baby had a blow out diaper and I didn't want to come out covered in crap." any ideas of where to join groups?

Bubbablue

Asked by Bubbablue at 3:44 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• stop by the library and look at their bulletin board. Go to the story hour there. Stop by the chamber of commerce or visitor's office in your town, if there is one. just ideas.........GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 6:46 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Im near Pittsburgh about 20 mins or so away, but i'm frequently in town. send me a message is ya want :D
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:02 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Local playgrounds and parks are good places to meet other moms. School functions are great too. If your kid is younger, put that baby in a stroller and start walking around the neighborhood. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there... Introduce yourself to neighbors, people you see at the grocery store, etc. Be uber friendly to people. They will pick up on your vibe and you will make friends in no time!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 10:17 AM on May. 25, 2011