How to deal with Cronic Depression while pregnant

Im now about 33-34 weeks pregnant, Just about my entire life i had Depression, and it was pretty bad when i was younger. Its difficult to deal with and i dont want to tell anyone around me about it, because im shameful , I am pregnant with a Beautiful, Strong, Happy little girl, and shes healthy, But...For some reason... im still stuck on Doom and gloom, Nothing seems to be going right, and the stress of everyday seems to get worse. Im scared that when shes born it will turn into a horrid thing. I cant see my self harming her, so i dont do anything to my self. but that want is there... and that cry of " Just let me go" seems to get louder the farther i get... Im scared of my depression. Nothing i do seems to help so far. Anyone got any sugestions of how to help Clenical, Cronic Depression not feel so bad.... i dont want my depression to have a negative effect on my pregnancy. ...and Just so you know my dr does know..and so far...gave me no ideas. So i ask you other moms out there.. who might suffer from depression,  Also,  i the nurse at the er thinks my depression triggered false labor,  that i experinced for three days,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• "Stay out of yourself". Usually it is when we allow ourselves to think only about us that we have depression. Work on making others happy. Bake for the neighbors, send a letter to a loved one, start getting involved in things other than yourself which you have a passion for, take a walk and focus on what you have to be grateful for. Stay busy. Above all be aware of your thoughts. " I am the problem and the solution." Sometimes it seems like the world is so hard. Fixate on anything good you can find. Make sure to laugh it will break the hold of pain...Humor is healing...Go to utube and look at funny things...Change your perspective to gratitude. We have life. What if today was the last day you lived? Change your thinking, change your life. I am sorry you are hurting, I send you a big hug. .... Hold onto the good things in life. You will feel much better in a few weeks.. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:05 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I am a woman 30 yrs of age from India married for 5 yrs trying to conceive for almost 4 yrs no medical issues but tried all the medical help possible including IUI s. finding really difficult to adjust with the whole situation. i believe u have so much more to look forward to with your baby on the way i cant envy enough the women who are going to be blessed by motherhood and the journey should be wonderful i anticipate the things i will do read out to my unborn child when i will get pregnant. i feel u are blessed pls use this time for some gre8 hobby like reading out gre8 works of writers to ur baby talking singing songs and loving every minute of ur pregnancy. i wish u all the health and glorious motherhood journey. lots of good luck to u and ur baby
    Rasikasweet

Answer by Rasikasweet at 4:46 AM on May. 25, 2011

• try doing some prenatal yoga
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:04 AM on May. 25, 2011

• It is really tough, I suffer from depression myself. I have my days it seems where I feel alone...but you know what? We're not alone. I am not sure why depression does what it does but it stinks. I try to keep my mind occupied especially when I know that I could slip down that slippery slope.
    WranglerMommy

Answer by WranglerMommy at 10:58 AM on May. 25, 2011