Anyone else have Late Term Miscarriages??

Around 2a.m. yesterday (May 24, 2011) morning I was having extreme pain and come to find out I'm laying in a puddle of blood. I was 19 weeks and 3 days pregnant with My baby Boy. Went to the hospital to find out that I was miscarrying/miscarried my son. I had no problems through this pregnancy except so cramping that had started about a week ago.

This pregnancy is the first of 4 pregnancys to get this far. . . I've miscarried late in my all of my pregnacys this one 19 weeks and 3 days, my last one with my twins was 15 weeks exactly, the one before was 16 weeks and my very first pregancy with my son was at 18 weeks exactly.

The only thing that we can find that is even a little wrong is my hormones are always slightly lower than what is normal to there standard. I take care of myself very well I dont smoke or drink or dont anything of veryhigh risk. Sigh.

I guess what I am wondering is if there is anyone else who has this problem and there had been no real explination as to what is causing it to happen??

I am so very devistated I thought this was going to be the one especially since I was having no problems during the 19 weeks. Right now I just dont know what to do with myself. I've lost all of my children so far 4 sons and a daughter.

I have an Aunt who had a lot of problems with carrying a baby and she finally was able to have one child her now 5 year old son but, she also when through so many losses. And there was no reason for it just her body wasnt strong enough to do it. And that is also the same answer I keep getting that my body just can't handle carrying a baby. I dont know it just so heartbreak for my fiance and me.

Naiia

Asked by Naiia at 4:58 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Health

• Myself I have never encountered one so I can't imagine your grief, but my great grandmother went through many in a time when medicine was in it's infancy concerning childbirth really. She was told was she was too weak to carry a pregnancy, she abstained for 4 years, then had 5 healthy children. If I were you I'd find a specialist on it and get a second opinion if you haven't done so already. Sorry for your loss.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 5:49 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Thanks and I have a very good doctor right now actually. Sigh. I have an Aunt who had to go through the same thing and all they found was a slighty hormone problem and her body system just really couldnt handle carrying a baby.... It took her years before she was able to have her now 5 year old son. Now I am dealing with the same issues I am starting to think it is a genetic thing... I forgot also my grandmother had the same problem so three generations of women in my family are having the same problem. I really am ting it our genetics I dont know though sigh. Thank you though.
    Naiia

Comment by Naiia (original poster) at 6:01 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss. I have had 2 of them 10 weeks and 7 weeks. I know you really like your doctor, I would try a specialist. When I mis. they did blood work to see if something is off. What can happen is mom and dad can have the same chrom., that can be one reason for misc. I did have all the blood work done and that was not an issue. I do know have one child. Sending lots of love your way. YOU stay strong.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I have personally never gone through this although I have a few friends who have had late pregnancy miscarriages. two of them went on to have a child each. One of them just went through this lose and she is not ready to try again. She has been through so much to try and have a baby and then to have the miscarriage she is not ready to try again. I am very sorry that you are having to go through this. Maybe you can talk to your Aunt to help you get through. It does sound like there might be something in your family that has contributed to this.

Good Luck, prayers, hugs and positive thoughts sent your way!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:24 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Yeah the same gene thing is like having the Rh positive thing I dont have that. And my doctor is a specialist. . . I've been going to him since my second miscarriage. . . We seriously cant find a medical reason for something. And Genetic is the only thing that would really explain it... And even that doesn't really explain it. Sigh. I dont know. Thanks for your help though... >.>
    Naiia

Comment by Naiia (original poster) at 12:18 PM on May. 25, 2011

• please have them to check your progesterone levels. Progesterone is the hormone that allows our bodies to continue to hold on to the pregnancy. Im so sorry of this. I was 33 almost 34 weeks and miscarried and was in total craziness. Turned out to be cord accident. My dear daughter was gone. May we all be strong
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 7:55 PM on May. 25, 2011