Any contraceptive pills that DONT cause weight gain?

I've been on Cilest for a week now, and I'm constantly hungry, I've looked online and apparently this is quite common, any contraceptive pills I can try and ask my doctor for instead?

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 5:13 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Health

• i dont know, they say its a myth that contraceptive pills actually cause weight gain. they say its all in ur head, its true ur hormones go nuts but i dont know. well now that i think about it, i was on this pill after my first child and lost weight pretty quickly on it, and now after my second, i'm having trouble. i'm currently expirementing with new pills, i'm on my third different kind. i didnt like this one or the last one, and i'm about to try a new one people are telling me is good and has no side effects. i'll let you know how that goes,.. by the way the pill that i tried after my first is called cerazette, but to warn you it made me get my period like 2x a month, but light periods
    just to warn you. other than that it was good.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 5:29 AM on May. 25, 2011

• IDK. I never gained any weight when I was on any type of BC pill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on May. 25, 2011

• there is a pill you can take while breastfeeding that doesnt make you gain weight,in fact it helps you loose weight but if you arent breastfeeding the best way to prevent pregnancy other then the obvious condom or no sex or you can try the copper IUD. I have it and it works wonders.no meds in it
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 11:00 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Thanks fefe87, I was supposed to be starting on Cerazette but I got pregnant before I could try it, and now since having the baby I've been given Cilest.
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 6:13 AM on May. 25, 2011