I am so tired of everyone wanting everybody

on low fat diets. Most of the stuff is nasty. I know there are alot of over weight people but not everyone is. There are people like my son and I who need the fat. yes I am talking about the health fats. It seams like the food take out the fat and add sugar, and salt. Yuck. I can't be the only one.

sweetangie79

Asked by sweetangie79 at 6:20 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i totally agree. People just don't get the good fat vs bad fat.

i also need healthy fats. Avocado is a daily fruit for me......

If people better understood how to eat healthy fats & stay away from bad fats, we would not be an obese nation. I don't cut fat out of my diet at all. I cut bad carbs, bad fat & sugar & that is what makes me lose weight. Healthy fat can help people lose weight if they just substitute it for all the bad fat they eat in their diet.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:25 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I don't think you are the only one. I also don't think that taking all the fat and sugar out of the food is going to really help. I think we need to get back to healthy eating with foods that are good for you and portion sizes that are correct. I do believe part of the problem is that our portion sizes have gotten out of control and people no longer understand how to tell if they are hungry or full.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:27 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I am sure you are not alone,
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 7:55 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I agree, healthy fats are an essential part of a healthy diet. Eating real foods (not processed) and eating the right portion sizes are more important than getting all the fat out. It's more about getting the saturated fats DOWN (not necessarily OUT).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:51 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I totally agree! Fats aren't bad. Carbs aren't bad. It's just in moderation and the kind of fats and carbs you are getting. And seriously so many fat free foods do add tons of sugar and salt to make up the flavor. We've really got to get Americans reading labels.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:29 PM on May. 26, 2011