Six Month Old Creeping in bed

My daughter is six months old and has mastered creeping all around her crib. I find her on her belly, facing the wall, squished in the corner of her crib. This would be fine, except for the last two days I've been finding her with her legs dangling from the side of her crib. She manages to slide her legs through the rungs of her crib even though she's wearing one of those wearable bags.

I'd like to get bumpers but I'm afraid she'll suffocate by putting her face between the rungs and the bumpers. She's quite the wiggle worm.

Any suggestions?

jteffs

Asked by jteffs at 6:26 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter was the same way, all over the crib even at a few weeks old, maybe you could try a mesh breathable bumper, I know they are supposed to be safer.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:38 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I would also try the mesh breathable bumper.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 7:54 AM on May. 25, 2011

• like the others suggested get a breathable bumper or go no bumper at all my boys didn't have a bumper in their cribs past 6 months old
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:26 AM on May. 25, 2011

• She probably wants to cuddle with someone. Try cosleeping.
    Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 11:59 AM on May. 25, 2011

• My daughter wouldn't cosleep with us even if she absolutely had to. She spends the first twenty minutes in her crib playing and settling down, and wouldn't be able to do that if we were all in bed together. Thanks anyway.
    jteffs

Comment by jteffs (original poster) at 8:10 PM on May. 25, 2011