the baby's dad

ok so my baby's dad says its not his right and i know it is cuz hes the only guy i had sex with for like 8 months but any way if the baby comes out and looks like him and he still refuses to take the dna test can they really put him in jail (if the dna test is court ordered)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• uh. what would they put him in jail for? he can deny a dna test all he wants until you try to go after him for money. then they will court order it.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• No what happens is you list him on the birth cert even if he tries to deny it. Then you go to child support and file for child support and ask him to pay. He will say no he doesnt believe its his child. If he chooses to challenge it theyll make HIM pay for the dna test. If hes not the dad he pays nothing. If he is the dad then he pays child supp, dna fees or goes to jail.

Answer by gemgem at 4:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yes, also what gemgem said. He will have to pay for the dna test, but if he gets a lawyer and the baby ends up not being his, they can file against you and make you have to pay him back for it.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• ok but im scared that if i put him on the birth cert then he will try and get the baby in court and i know it wont happen cuz he has a bad crimal back round and i dont have one but i just dont want to put my baby though that
    Anonymous

• i just wnat him to know that she is his and he needes to stop running and become a man
    Anonymous

• Well if you list him on the birth certificate he can threaten all he wants to take the child but if youre a fit mother, have a newborn, are breastfeeding and he has a criminal record no court will give him custody. I had a friend in a similiar situation and she got sole custody, he got 3 hours a week visitation supervised until the child turned 3. After 3 the child would go to one overnight every other week. In turn he paid child support.

Answer by gemgem at 4:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I must ask, why do you want to prove he is the father so badly??
    Are you interested in his money, or is this a ploy to try to get him into your child's life, and therefore your own??

I'm a firm believer that if the father wants to walk away and relinquish all rights, allow him to. If he is not involved in the child's life, I see no reason why he should have to pay for it. You chose to have this baby, not him.

Yes, being a single mother is hard, but you knew that when you chose to have sex with a guy who was never going to commit to you.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 4:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• ok we also live in two diff stats i live in colorado and he lives in montana i lived with him till he kicked me out and said the baby was not his so i moved in with family i would not feel very good inside if he got her for a few weeks cuz of his past and who he still is
    he also says he wants noting to do with her inless it ends up being his
    Anonymous

• I'm a firm believer that if the father wants to walk away and relinquish all rights, allow him to. If he is not involved in the child's life, I see no reason why he should have to pay for it. You chose to have this baby, not him.

I have to agree with you there, my biological father said i wasn't him, so my mom let it be. never once asked him for a dna test, money or a thing. I've never seen the mans face, couldn't pick him out of a crowd.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Liyoness i did not choose to have the baby i choose to keep it cuz i dont bllive in killing someone who never did anyhting and also he was all happy till his stupid friends told him all he would have to do to help with the kid i dont care about the money i just want him to know it is not ok to run away from his problems and to man up im not the only girl he has gotten pregnant he got another girl pregnant like 2 months after me and ran from her too
    Anonymous