Between growth spurts??

So... my baby isn't close to doubling his birth weight yet and he's about 5 and a half months old...

I wouldn't care much about this except that his growth has halted somewhat abruptly.

He was steadily gaining a pound and a half and one inch to his height each month. I weighed and measured him at home yesterday and he is the exact same as he was at the doctor's office over a month ago.

He was almost 10 pounds at birth and is UNDER 17 as of yesterday.

It bothers me a little because of how fast and obvious his growth was and now suddenly he's taking a break on it. All his developmental milestones are right on, but it just feels weird to me. He was growing a little every single week and now, not an ounce.

Is his body just resting and focusing on his new capabilities (crawling, putting stuff in mouth) or should I be concerned?

I will, of course, ask my doctor about it next month, but just wanted other mom's opinions.

Blue_Spiral

Asked by Blue_Spiral at 7:04 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that's normal. My kids grew so much up to 6 months. Between 6 moths and a year there was not a lot of growth. Is the doctor concerned?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:10 AM on May. 25, 2011

• The growth spurts get more spread out as kids get older. This is normal.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:47 AM on May. 25, 2011

• No, the last time I saw the doctor was last month around the 15th and he was still gaining the same. It's just because everything says his birth weight should double around this time and he's 2 pounds or so off. But, it's nice to hear two people say "this is normal" lol
    Blue_Spiral

Comment by Blue_Spiral (original poster) at 11:56 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Oh, and I haven't called and talked to the doctor, it's really hard to get ahold of her.
    Blue_Spiral

Comment by Blue_Spiral (original poster) at 11:57 AM on May. 25, 2011