How do I orgniaze my time better? How do we get everything done?

I am feeling sooooo overwhelmed.....I really need help figuring out hwo to get my house together!

Pheen5

Asked by Pheen5 at 7:28 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Make a list of things to do and do them one at a time. You cross them off as you go. Once you are caught up make a list of everything you need to do daily and weekly and put it on the fridge.

Answer by gemgem at 7:30 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Use a day planner. That's the only way I know what I'm doing! I'd be lost without it.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:33 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I agree making a list and checking things off as you go is a great way to get things done. Remember you don't have to get everything done on one day just keep the list posted were you can see it. Also, for me I pick one room a day to really clean then I just do little things to maintain. Another great thing that helped me is I started getting the kids involved. I hate dusting so I will pay my kids $2.00 is they will dust the living room for me. The also have chores like taking out the trash or mowing the lawn.

Good Luck and take it one day at a time!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:43 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I agree with others. I make a list sometimes and then forget the list... LOL.. But I am a very busy lady taking care of not just one but two house holds...So What I have figured out is this.. If I don't get her done today.. and most of the time I do not.. Then I just start singing the Tomorrow Song so I don't stress out over it.. You might want to do that yourself sometime... Cause remember we are only human and even God rested on the seventh day of all the madness.. LOL.. Good Luck and remember mistakes can usually be fixed.. LOL
    angduse1

Answer by angduse1 at 8:03 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I always make a list, and cross things off as I finish them. It gives me such a sense of accomplishment, that if I do something not on the list, I write it down so I can cross it off, lol. You might want to try flylady, but most people modify her methods, I think, at least I do.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:09 AM on May. 25, 2011

• If you want lots of helpful tips with organizing managing time, join the group "Home Life" on here. I know they have professional organizers as admins in this group and can give you wonderful, helpful ideas.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 8:11 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I just made a master schedule and I just refer to it and just improvise and edit as necessary.
    LovinLisa

Answer by LovinLisa at 8:23 AM on May. 25, 2011

• First of all give yourself a break.... EVERYTHING doesn't need to be done all at once. Think about your life and your families needs. Think of when you are your freshest and that is when you do the bulk of your work. If you are a morning person that is when you plan most of your chores and cook dinner (it can alway be re-heated).

If you don't get the laundry folded today it is not the end of the world. No one is going to care (or or know for that matter) that you got your child's socks out of the dryer this morning. Or that you didn't get the floor mopped yesterday.

If you feel the house if wrecked... pick one room start there. Finish it and then move on to the next. Depending on the age of your kids assign them chores to help maintain. My 8 yr old uses the dust buster on the stairs and uses disinfectant wipes on the door knobs on the weekends (these are his house chores).
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 8:28 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Making lists would be a great idea so you know what need to be done and figure out the best way to get it done
    othermom

Answer by othermom at 9:12 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Make a list of what you need to do!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:57 AM on May. 25, 2011