Im 8 weeks

Can I tell everyone now?

sugamama3

Asked by sugamama3 at 8:37 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That is totally up to you. Some people tell right away, others wait until after the first trimester. I usually tell family between 10 and 12 weeks because that is when we have our first doctor's appt. and we have an ultrasound then. Once I see everything is good to go then I tell. But I am also cautious because my first was a miscarriage and I don't want to go through telling everyone that I am not pregnant again.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:40 AM on May. 25, 2011

• im 7 weeks and i told everyone last week. lol
    Hllycndy

Answer by Hllycndy at 8:41 AM on May. 25, 2011

• You can tell them whenever you want.

I waited until my 1st trimester was almost over just to eliminate the worry that if I did lose it, I wouldn't have to go back and tell everyone.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:41 AM on May. 25, 2011

• It just depends on what YOU want to do. I told my family after I took the pregnancy test and then waited until after I went to the doctor to tell anyone. When I went to my first appointment I was so excited and they told me I was 8 weeks and 3 days. The next day I told everyone! I was so sick for weeks before and didn't know why and then when I told everyone they were like ah ha. Is this your first? Its my first too and I am glowing now that I'm in my second trimester. I was so sick during my first trimester. Congrats!
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 8:43 AM on May. 25, 2011

• We waited until after the 1st trimester was over and the risk of telling one all over again that we lost the pregnancy was low. (If you seen the heart beat, the risk of loss drops way down and telling earlier is probably OK.)

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:36 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Its my 4th but this time I had 2 miscarriages first :/ Congrats and thank you ladies.
    sugamama3

Comment by sugamama3 (original poster) at 3:15 PM on May. 25, 2011