If you got pregnant on birth control...

Why did you think you were pregnant? How did you tell your SO? Did anyone accuse you of doing it on purpose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I got pregnant with a norplant implant that i'd had for 4 years... I could feel the baby, but there was no way to accuse me of doing it on purpose with an implant.. I just said one day i think i'm pregnant...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 8:49 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I was cramping and actually thought I had a UTI. It was a standard test that they ran and I was positive.

I cried when I told him since I thought he would FLIP out and be pissed. He wasn't but he did think that I did it on purpose. So did some others.

Hate to tell them that BC isn't 100% effective and it's not like I climbed on myself and shot sperm in there. He has just as much responsibility to take care of that as I do.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:51 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Our first daughter was conceived while we were using condoms, our second daughter while I was on the pill. Neither one were planned, but we couldn't love them more if they were.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:55 AM on May. 25, 2011

• We got pregnant with our third the first month we tried VCF (vaginal contraceptive film), and I didn't think I was pregnant, but I was nervous about relying on a new birth control. Sure enough I was pregnant.

My LP jokes that it was "sabotage" because I picked the method, but it is a kind of birth control where you use it right before sex so he KNOWS I didn't just not use it. Plus, we were using it temporarily until our youngest was a couple months older, so jumping the gun by a couple months was not that big a deal for us.

That said, we didn't go public with the info to our family that we had a birth control malfunction.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:58 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I'm on the shot .I got it like I was supposed too...I just found out i'm pregnant and I'm sooo afraid to tell my SO...the last thing we want/need is a baby. I dont think he will accuse me of doing it on purpose,i don;t want another one right now. I know others will. I have no idea how far along I am. The only reason I thought I could be was because the thought of anything but general tso chicken made me want to puke...which is how I was with my other pregnancy in the first tri-mester...so i know I'm not more then 3 months...I just don't know how to tell him. everytime I go to bring it up I can't say the words. I'm even thinking about waiting until I start showing.I don't know.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:00 AM on May. 25, 2011

• the shot can make you think your pregnant do to its ability to stop your period and cause changes in appetite and food cravings as well as weight gain, it can mimic a pregnancy in alot of ways.. I'd go get some blood work done, due to the high levels of hormones it may not show up on a home pregnancy test, if negative invest in a secondary form of birthcontrol...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:11 AM on May. 25, 2011

• that should have posted earlier and i am not sure why it didnt.. if you've confirmed it i would just tell him..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:13 AM on May. 25, 2011

• i was on the pill (religiously!) and i knew something was going on at 3 weeks but thought i was just coming down with something. at six weeks i ordered my favorite beer and took one drink and almost hurled at the table... and i knew lol...
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 2:55 PM on May. 25, 2011

• We were just talking about it the other night about what would happen if i ended up pregnant with my being fertile murtal pregnant 4 times in 5 yrs. 1 was a MC and him having "super sperm" really his sperm count is higher then average he was checked when him and his ex were having trouble conceiving he was joking around how we would be that 1% that the BC would fail for..so I don't know why I can't just bring it up. I guess I'm still in shock myself!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:07 PM on May. 25, 2011