Is it bad if i...

i just found out im pregnant last week and quit smoking. is it bad if i slip and have a cigg?

Hllycndy

Asked by Hllycndy at 8:46 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Bad girl
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 8:46 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Talk to your dr about all this. More than likely your baby is perfectly fine.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 8:48 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Many women smoke thru the pregnancy but you cannot 'slip' and accidentally have one.

If you really need one, look into the e-cigarette. It doesn't have all the carcenogens in them and you will still get your nicotine. However, just like caffiene, you should realy watch how much you use.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:48 AM on May. 25, 2011

• You really shouldn't slip if you consider the health of your unborn baby. I will tell you that both my mom and sister smoked while pregnant and my sister and I both have asthma and my sister smoked while pregnant and my niece as asthma as well. I have asthma and so does my SO and I didn't smoke while pregnant and my child is the only child in our family without lung problems.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:50 AM on May. 25, 2011

• i havent yet. but sometimes i feel like im going to. like 1 wouldnt hurt. but i tell myself that iw will and i dont do it. and my mom also smoked with all 4 of her kids and we are all fine.
    Hllycndy

Comment by Hllycndy (original poster) at 8:56 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Have you tried those e-cigs?? My auntie who has smoked for years says they really help with the cravings. It's better to not slip at all. Is it the end of the world if you do?? No. If you do slip don't beat yourself up over it. It's an addiction and it's not the easiest to break.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:00 AM on May. 25, 2011

• try not to, its hard at first, very, just never look back, when the bay's born its gonna be hard to smoke around it anyways. i did the same thing, and now its 4 years and counting. u can do it, besides u'll age much slower they say... :))))
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 9:34 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Well i know there are tons of ladies who smoke all the way through Pregnancy ! I dont But to each there own ...u kno I dont think its very Healthy at all
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 10:01 AM on May. 25, 2011

• my son was born fine i slipped up once a smoked one ciggarett this is the hardest habit to quit but it is best for the baby if you do not smoke.
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 1:50 PM on May. 25, 2011