When did your daughters hair start growing? Or how does this work?

My daughter is 2 mths, she was born with dark long hair in the back of her head, and light barely any hair on the top of her head. The hair on the back of her head keeps getting darker and longer, and just within the last few days the hair on the top of her head has been getting fuzzier and more full. Someone told me all this hair will fall out?! So is she going to go bald first or what? lol I was just wondering when I can expect her hair to start getting longer and fuller, or am I way too soon to expect any major growth yet?? I'm just very excited about little bows and pony tails! Haha.

laurenparent

Asked by laurenparent at 4:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have two dds. My first dds hair all fell out. She was born with dark black hair. Within 6 weeks she was bald. My second daughter was born with a full head of hair and none of it fell out. Shes 3.5 now and her hair comes down to the middle of her back. All kids are different. The fact is her hair will come in eventually you just have to get inventive in how you do it. I had to actually TAPE bows to my bald dds head.

Answer by gemgem at 4:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I've heard that as well, but my daughter was born with long dark hair, and it never fell out. It just kept getting longer and longer. My son had light fine hair, and it never fell out either.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Every1 said my son's hair would fall out but it never did...I guess it depends on the child. lol. U taped bows to her head?
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• both of my babies were born bald and just now, at nearly 3 my daughter is started to really have her hair grow in.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Both my kids were born with full heads of super dark hair. My DD started super dark brown, full head and never lost any, it has since gotten super long and is now almost blonde, she is 2 1/2. My DS is 2 1/2 months old and his hair is still almost black, and getting longer. He hasn't lost any yet.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2008