Would you get angry or not? Yes or no?

My fil is delegating meetings with two mayors and so my mil was looking for him and called my husband at work. SHe asked him to find her husband for her. So my husband found out the mayors and my fil were having lunch out and then invited my husband to go too. When my husband came home he never told me as went to a reception for the mayor that night. Until my mil told me. WOuld you get upset that he did not say anything since he was catering to mil who is slightly handicapped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• No. I would not be angry. It could be that he had other things on his mind and simply forgot. Men are not nearly so detail oriented as are we women. Secondly, those men may have been discussing something about which they were not supposed to be telling and your husband may have just chosen to keep quiet about the whole thing rather than be asked a bunch of questions he was not supposed to answer. There could be any number of other reasons why he didn't tell you, but I don't think it's worth your being upset. Shoot, he could have just been so excited to see you when he got home that he could think of nothing else!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:15 AM on May. 25, 2011

• No, not really. Local politics is heavily weighted by/with networking.
    Unless I'm missing something from your post, I see no reason why he shouldn't "cater" to his mom sometimes.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 9:14 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Not at all.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:09 AM on May. 25, 2011

• yeah i get mad whenever my husband keeps anything from me, especially not events, even if i wasn't gonna go. they must have a reason to anyways, my husband learned to not do that anymore when he saw how i'd react.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 9:10 AM on May. 25, 2011

• O wait - did I read right or wrong - he didn't tell you he had lunch with FIL and the mayor, right? If that's right, I still don't see a lot of harm in that. When DID you find out about the lunch?
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 9:17 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Nope not at all.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:27 AM on May. 25, 2011

• From my mil , but it is ok. My mom is over and he really is trying to make everyone happy. Thanks ladies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 AM on May. 25, 2011