Ebay

im nervous about trying to sell on ebay.. does anyone do it is it easy or do you find it aggravating?

jenn660

Asked by jenn660 at 9:26 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• Just don't believe the 'I was able to quit my job cause I made so much money on Ebay' Ebay is the only ones that prospers from ebay.
    PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 9:32 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Well I've been an ebay seller for 11 years. And ebay just keeps changing things for the worse for sellers. They recently changed the fee structure yet again and so many buyers know they can get away with murder and do. As a seller, I've recently stopped selling on ebay completely. I now stick to selling things locally on craigslist and a local moms group I'm a part of. No more ebay for this gal, which is said, it used to be my full time income (A few years ago I made about $600 a week in profit)....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:42 AM on May. 25, 2011

• oh no i wasnt looking to do anything drastic like quiet my job, i just have some stuff that i want to get rid of
    jenn660

Comment by jenn660 (original poster) at 9:49 AM on May. 25, 2011

• plus i would probably ship fed ex
    jenn660

• TOTALLY agree with everyone, I made a good amount of money until this yr...I had a Gold watch that went out, and the BUYER allegedly said the Brandnew watch NEVER ARRIVED, and "took out a case" and they wound up winning, so NOT ONLY do I NEVER GET the watch back, but I got ripped the 80 bucks too..

It totally protects buyers and the new rules about specific sizing item descriptions, score have to be certain for payouts before like 90 days or something ridiculous, it is sucky..

I just turned focus to my business and make like 10 times the income with none of the hassle now anyway.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:50 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I've been selling since 02 and it keeps getting worse for sellers. Recently I had a person purchase several items which I shipped before we left on vacation. The buyer filed a complaint saying they never arrived and within the two weeks we were gone ebay had refunded her money, ship tracking shows her items arrived the day after her refund and she left me negative feedback in the process. As a result, I lost nearly $100, she got her items and a refund and I went from a 100% rating to a 98.6% rating. Before one person's ratings would not all count toward or against you, now, she was a able to leave 5 negative feedbacks that all counted against me.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:51 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Shipping Fed Ex is a lot more expensive for small items. Also, sellers used to be able to require insurance purchases with USPS shipping and now ebay won't allow that either, claiming it makes ebay purchases seem unsafe. Nope, just one more way to get to the sellers.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:56 AM on May. 25, 2011