meat loaf

how do you make it and how long do you bake and at what temp ... im making it tonight and never made it before

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• well how many pounds are you making i use 2 eggs lots of krackers and ketchup!! depends how you like it back it for an hour and 1/2 on 350 yum that sounds good lol
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• 2 lb. hamburger meat
    1 small onion chopped
    2 eggs whole
    2-3 slices of bread
    Put the hamburger and egg altogether and kneed it altogether. The egg keeps the meat from falling apar. Add the chopped onion and work it through and also get 2-3 slices of bread and rub it between your hands making bread crumbs (I use actualy breadcrumbs). Mix all together in a loaf and put in pan. Cook on 375 for about 45 min for every 1.5 lbs. You can use honey bbq sauce on top, or ketchup with brown sugar on top as a topping. I put a couple onion rings on top of mine.

Answer by gemgem at 4:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Sorry I hate meatloaf. I just one big hamburger patty to me.

Anonymous

• Mine is a bit different:
    1 lb ground beef
    1 lb ground pork
    2 well beaten eggs
    25-30 well crushed Saltines
    finely chopped onion and celery..the amount is to your taste
    salt, pepper to taste
    1 8 oz can tomato sauce

mix meat and veggies, salt and pepper well with hands. The add the eggs and crackers. Then mix in the sauce. I put mine in 9x13 and bake at 350 for 30 mins covered. Then take off foil and put BBQ sauce on top cook uncovered 15 more mins.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2008