i am 6 to 8 weeks pregnant, and i cant eat anything to save my life... does anyone have any tips on how to get my appetite back so i am not hospitialized

eating while pregnant

jessica1980351

Asked by jessica1980351 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you wont be hospitalized. its normal.... seriously.

thats how i was and im fine now.

just try eating stuff that is bland like crackers toast breads noodles and soup ....
    Anonymous

• Well, I had the same thing happen and I was working 60 hours weeks. No fun!! This is what helped me.
    I ate salty things (chips, french fries, etc.). Of course, it is not the healthiest but that was about all that I could keep down. I also tried ginger ale (real ale that you get from the health food stores), ginger tea and preggie pops. The tea and ale may have helped a little, the preggie pops did nothing. I ate saltines before bed and again before getting out of bed in the morning. I had a box by my bed and before even raising your head, eat a few. Try gatorade maybe. That helped and kept me hydrated. Finally, the doctor had to put me on Reglan. That worked wonders because I had 'morning' sickness through the beginning of my third trimester.
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 4:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• yeah this happen to me it pretty normal but painful..worst thing ever just eat crakers oh you could also go to your DOC* for pills that make you eat more
    miriam14

Answer by miriam14 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• It's VERY normal to lose weight in the first trimester, the worry should be about getting dehydrated, so try to get fluids down whenever possible (and avoid things like caffeine, that take away water). Talk to your doctor to get some suggestions as well, a lot recommend a vitamin B/Unisom combination, but only your doctor will know if that's ok for you. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• the only way you will end up in the hospital is if you get dehydrated so try and atleast drink plenty of water. its normal you feel this way its just the start lol.
    try eating bland foods crakers, toast, bananas those type of things. it gets better by 12wks or so. its all worth it in the end though no need to worry.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• They put me on medicine to get rid of morning sickness, so i wasn't nauseaus, i just didn't feel like eating. so they suggested just forcing myself to drink. Stuff like carnation instant breakfast because it has alot of the same nutrients as food. And smoothies, the very fruity at home ones, not the ones loaded with tons of sugar. That way, i was still getting the same nutrients as eating, but i was drinking it instead. And it was actually easier to force myself to drink than it was to force myself to eat.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 4:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Aw.. don't even worry about that right now. You're so early that it doesn't matter. Most women actually lose weight in their first trimester and then gain it all, plus some, in the following trimesters. You have nothing to worry about, I promise. I actually lost weight for the same problem in my first trimester, and I'm doing fine now.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 8:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008