How can i not be so suspicious???

My daughter is very important to me. I am soo scared that some man my abuse her the way I was. I luv my husband very much and I truely believe that he would not harm her. How do I not keep myself from wording about anyone hurting her. She lugs my husband also, which is her step father. I was abused by my step father and uncle. I don't want to feel uncomfortable about himbecause he hasnt given me a reason to. I don't want to rein the best thing that has ever happened to me because of my insecurities. Some days I'm fine and some days I just want to keep her from everyone. She is so loving and carefree like I use to be at her age. I just don't want anyone to rob her of her innocence. Any one been thru this or coin thru this ur comments would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on May. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• i know exactly how u feel, i was also abused by a close relative and no matter what i'm always self concious about my daughters and where they are and who they're around. oh my god, its so hard, no matter what, i can never get over it. all the counseling in the world can't make it better, just trust him and be aware of whats going on around you. and pray to god to keep the bad memories away, its what i do, and i'm trying all the time. when i pray and ask god, i feel it gets better,.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 10:08 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I would get some counceling for yourself, you have issues you need to deal with. I totally understand those issues, but you do need help for your sake and the sake of your family. Also....I talked to my kids about telling me if ANYONE ever hurt/touch them. And that if someone tells them NOT to tell me...they need to tell me even IF they say something bad would happen to me. I reassure them that they can't harm me.
    PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 9:42 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I know exactly what you are saying. I do agree that counseling is a great option. Being able to work through your issues is the first step. I think another thing you need to do is confide in your husband. Let him know how scared you are, and that while you know that he would never hurt her, your emotions make you suspicious of everyone around you.

I wish I could give you magic words to make it all better. But there are none. We will always live with a fear of what could happen. I think all parents live with that fear, weather they have experienced that type of trauma or not.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:03 AM on May. 25, 2011

• That fear will never go away, as parents we naturally want to proctect them and when we know exaclty what is out there and what kind of damage it can casue it makes it worse, however no matter how much we protect them what we do we can't keep bad thing from ever happening to them. All we can do is teach them that we are alwasy there for them and that they can and should come no matter what. And never doubt them ever.
    Codragonfly

Answer by Codragonfly at 11:56 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Hi,pray and commit her into the Almight hand of Gnd whenever you feel insecure . Then watch closurely.
    Nelonedu

Answer by Nelonedu at 9:53 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I have told her about telling me when some touches her inappropriately. She understands the severity of the situation. I believe she would tell me, im just scared it may be to late. I wld like to prevent it from happening at all. But I don't want to smother her either.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:59 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I have never revange on any .
    Nelonedu

Answer by Nelonedu at 10:04 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I have never revange on any .
    Nelonedu