baby weight vs. your weight

Does the baby's weight have anything to do with how much weight you gain during pregnancy?

For example, if you gain too much your baby may weigh higher?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its not if you gain too much its what your baby gains. and as long as you are healthy it doesnt matter how much weight you gain. ive already gained. 40 lbs. :( im almost done though just a few weeks left.
    Anonymous

• No it has nothing to do with it. With my first child I gained 60 lbs and she was an 8 lbs baby. I went from 160 lbs to 148 when I had her (in the hosp). My other kids I gained between 15-30 lbs with each. They weighed 9lb, 9lbs, 7lbs 13 oz, and 7lbs 5 oz

Answer by gemgem at 4:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I dont know... With my daughter I gained about 60 lbs, and she weighed 10lbs, 13oz. But I was told that big babies run in my family since I was a big baby too...
    ihartjelli

Answer by ihartjelli at 4:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Nope.
    But the babies weight is added on to yours, i'm assuming.
    as in, you have a 7 lb baby, you just lost 7 lbs lol.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Nah....I gained 27 pounds both times and they were 10 pounds and 8 pounds.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 4:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i don't think so i gained 54 lbs with my dd and she only weight 7lbs 14oz
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I gained about 45 lbs during my pregnancy and he only weight 5lbs 11oz but I am short (5'2"). Now, if you gain a lot of weight through really unhealthy means and develop gestational diabetes that can result in a larger baby.
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 4:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• It CAN, but there's really no way to be sure what's happening because of why. Eat healthy and you shouldn't have to worry too much. :)

I put on 50 pounds (I was only 109 to start with) and my son was over 9 pounds, by far the largest baby anyone in my family has had!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2008