Do bad things happen because of God's Will?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Religious Debate

• the bible states that woe for the earth and sea for the devil has been hurled down knowing he has a short time.

Satan is on earth. bad things happen because of humans choice to do bad things and a lot of it because of satans influence.
    gummybearmomma

Answer by gummybearmomma at 2:17 PM on May. 25, 2011

• How does incorporating a Supernatural entity into decisions and choices make it "realistic"? and again, his "helping" negates free will.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:35 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Nope man's will
    daps

Answer by daps at 9:52 AM on May. 25, 2011

• No. I don't believe God interferes in human affairs, or in our world. I believe any interference would be completely negate free will and the purpose of this life, so I believe He has a complete "non interference" policy.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:58 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Bad things does not happen because of God's will, we have free will and we make decisions in life that may cause bad things to happen to us, keep in mind that we do learn or should learn from mistakes and situations that we face. There is no surprise to God when we go through things but remember that He is just a prayer away and he can change every thing and give us the victory even in bad things. Remember that what the devil meant for evil God can turn it around for your good.
    Fabe21

Answer by Fabe21 at 10:02 AM on May. 25, 2011

• And yes most of those who bad do it for their own pleasure or gain.
    ===

So does that mean the person who got into a horrific car accident where they ended up in the ICU made a bad choice for their own pleasure or gain?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on May. 25, 2011

• The whole "only one choice right or wrong" is a rather narrowminded, or rather myopic point of view that isn't very realistic in terms of all the choices that a person makes on a daily basis. Really a rather over-simplified view of it, but I can see why some lean towards it as it makes it easier for them to understand the role of thier God as being infinitely good and only acting on behalf of good but staying far enough out of it that he won't be held responsible for the bad, but it isn't very realistic.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:47 AM on May. 25, 2011

• So does that mean good things happen because we have free will as well? Or is God only responsible for good things happening to us? I mean to say we only have free will whenever we do something wrong is just, in my opinion, not having free will but only being capable of making bad choices.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on May. 25, 2011

• Bad things happen because of bad decisions and choices made by us or others- the end.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:19 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I mean you said most people make a bad choice for their own personal gain. So are you saying that bad things happen to people because they made bad choices?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on May. 25, 2011