can a sahm get full custody of her child?

if a sahm wants full custody can she get it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• yes typically the mother is given custody as for full probably not the courts are gonna let the dad visit his children thats just the way it is. and shes going to have to find a job.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I did.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• As long as she can financially support her child and has no history of DCFS involvment, the child isn't in any danger, then yes.

But unless the dad is causing harm, I highly doubt they will take away his rights.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I'm a sahm and i have full custody. He doesn't even have visitation right now, but it really depends on a lot of aspects of your situation.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 4:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yep they usually do along with child support and alimony. If hes been the breadwinner and you have been home raising the kids you should be entitled to both as long as you have been married 4 or more years. The only exception is of course him getting a dirty lawyer, or you having any issues that can be used against you. Just be lily white through the divorce and u should come out on top.

Answer by gemgem at 4:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Make sure you have a good lawyer. I lost custody of my 8 yr old son because I didnt have a lawyer and my ex had a big heavy hitting lawyer. I wasnt sure what to do and didnt call any witnesses to help me out or anything. And no Im not a drug addict, a porn star, prostitute, drug dealer or anything. I have been a SAHM most of my life and have sole custody from the same court of my other children. Just be prepared for bashfesting, and always expect the worst to some out. That way when it doesnt you feel some relief. You should be fine though.
    Anonymous

• My friend did and she was able to get alimony as well for five years while her daughter was young. She was able to prove that she and her husband had planned for her to stay at home while her daughter was young. And he had to pay for her graduate school. So she got to go to school and be a full time mom on his dime. I wish I could have empathy for the guy, but he was a cheating bastard and after being married to him for ten years his wife really did deserve to be supported by him for once -she supported him for all those years so why not?
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 5:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• It depends on the situation, if both parents divorce lets say, and there are no signs of abuse or neglect (that can be proven through police reports or witnesses), or cheating and going against martial vowels, on either parents part then the courts try to be fair now days as well as logical, they try to go with the parent that can "best" provide for the child financially as well as offer the child a loving, nurturing environment. Sounds sad but also depends on who's working your case, and the judge... some judges are old fashioned (siding with moms), some grow with the times (willing to give dads "equality), some wish to be 50/50 (splitting kids half and half) on everything, so get a good lawyer.  Good luck to you!

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 6:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• sorry for a sumb q? but what is a sahm?
    mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• dumb* omg
    lol
    mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008