Do you volunteer at your church for anything?

If so, what? Do you regret volunteering?-because you don't get any quiet time to yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can't really fully be committed to a church until I'm serving in it. I am on our worship team as a singer and I'm also a youth leader. Those ministries take up a lot of my time but I wouldn't trade it for anything! God's given me gifts and talents and I intend to use them to the best of my ability.

What does bother me is when most ministries in the church are being run by the same small group of people ~ too many church goers just come and sit. We all need to be used in order to enhance the Kingdom.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 5:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yes. For 5 years our bookstore and now our media dept. I never regret serving. I do get quiet time. As a matter of fact, it actually bothers me when I'm not involved or doing something. I find myself looking around wanting to see what else I can do. But that probably comes from having been in churches where no one wanted to serve/volunteer so it was left up to a few to do alot.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• As a church goer we all should volunteer in some way.I am not that active but I do when I can.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 6:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I help with the bulletin every Friday morning, and I help serve Wednesday night supper every week.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i'm a service to other sisters in the ward. we go once a month to visit them to talk & ask what their needs are. some of us are called to take a calling meaning that we get a permanent position in the church. although they get rotated according to the needs of the members and after that person has served their time. so it's always a service to god that we provide. in some wards there are older people so the younger ones do must of the serving. we often get paired off with another. the men in our church go visit the families in the church. also unlike most churches our bishops provide a service. they are not paid like pastors or preachers they do it as a service to god and they do it for yrs. they have a lot to bare & it's time consuming.they run the whole church. i have been the primary teacher, primary secretary the achievement day leader on top of a visiting teacher. this brings us closer to heavenly father.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2008