We are looking for a swingset/play set

that can be assembled and torn down easily; what do you recommend? We don't want to spend more then $300 if possible

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:09 AM on May. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We just bought a nice wooden swing set on Craigslist for $225. It has a forte, wavy slice and spaces for 4 "swings"... right now we have 2 swings, a trapeze/monkey bar and plan to get a glider for the last spot.

We had to disassemble and get it to our house and reassemble...the hard part was moving it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:32 AM on May. 25, 2011

• neighbors got one, had a dozen adults helping and still not together
    theirs said 2 adults- 10 hours = yeah right!

those plastic ones go together in less time and effort
    i see them on craigslist used for 250

i got a wooden one on craigslist, and the guy brought it to my yard and set it up
    but this is not the rule but the exception - delivering and setting up for me
    usually you have to disasbleme and transport and set up again
    but IF you have a way to do this with a flat bed trailer, the set will only have to be taken apart somewhat
    you will need a huge trailer and a few very strong guys

metal ones are easy to put together too

good luck, i spent a month on craigslist faithfully looking for the one i got
    could not believe my luck when he said he would deliver and set up for only 40 more bucks
    the thing weighs a ton, and would have taken me months to set up from a start of boxes of the parts
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:19 AM on May. 25, 2011

• I'd go with the metal ones, they aren't overly high priced and easy to take down and put back up.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:46 AM on May. 25, 2011