Do you think you and your dh will make it to 50 years? Why or why not?

My parents just celebrated 50 years together. Just wondering how many of you think you will or won't make it and why. I also did a poll too.

momofthree1084

Asked by momofthree1084 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes. We are friends AND lovers. We respect each other, trust each other, and we have great communication. We also make compromises for each other & make each other laugh. I wouldn't trade my husband for anything in the world!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Actually although it can be very tough I think yes we will hopefully we'll make it that long in good health and all.
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 3:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Yes, I definately do. I would have never married him if I didnt think we would make it to 50 years and beyond.
    hopingfor5

Answer by hopingfor5 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I think we will. We have been through so much to begin with, from financial ruin to some of the happiest times of our lives. We may get mad but we work through them instead of walking away. I have no doubt we will make it there and hope you do to.
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• absolutely--till death do us part--it is a committment to him and to God and to marriage.
    CnHinKYw6

Answer by CnHinKYw6 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Yep, In fact today is our anniversary 27 years, over half way there!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• No way! The countdown is on....10 years and my youngest will be 18 and I'm outta here!!
    Anonymous

• That would be in 40 years I may not be on this earth anymore to see it. lol
    I'm over 40 now. lol
    Anonymous

• Yes. We take our vows seriously. Plus, we don't believe in divorce. We love eachother very much and plan to stay together..'til death do we part.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 8:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Not sure I would like to think so. This is my 2nd time around and I'm not giving up as easy. Also the worlds is supposed to end in 2012 and we will be togehter that long at least
    Anonymous