online therapists?

Does anyone know of any online therapists they would recommend? I'd prefer being able to talk via webcam rather than email. My hubby and I need counseling but it's not feasible with a baby and no sitter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• As someone in this field I would not be for this simply because there is alot that can go unseen or missed that you might get when seeing a live person. Their mannerism, yours etc all come into play in counseling. If for some reason you cannot see one or have a general question regarding adhd or regular depression and behavior issues then an online one might work.
    http://www.liveperson.com/landingpages/psychology/psychology.aspx?desid=95,95,95,95,95,95,95,95,95&showbusy=1&sortby=9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9&fm=356718624&banid=22819&gclid=CLSF74X_sZcCFQKHxwoday8Mjw

Answer by gemgem at 4:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I can't imagine a reputable therapist making such an offer (online therapy). However, you might consider establishing a relationship with a real time therapist and then ask for sessions online/via webcam.
    As for the baby, when I was younger I had to take all three of mine to therapy sessions with me. One baby isn't going to disrupt a session. Schedule it during the baby's nap time. That always helps. If that doesnt work, then take lots of toys.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2008